HydraDX is in the process of fully decentralizing its governance. All decisions which affect the protocol are adopted following a democratic process which is supported by the Substrate democracy module. The central mechanism for establishing consensus among the stakeholders is the referendum.
This section contains a series of knowledge articles which should provide you with a better understanding of the mechanisms behind the governance of HydraDX. You will find more information on how referenda work, as well as on the two central groups of governance actors: the HydraDX Council and the Technical Committee.
If you are looking for practical guidance on how to participate in the governance of HydraDX, please refer to the step-by-step guides on participating in referenda and participating in Council elections.
The list below contains the most important parameters which influence the governance mechanism on HydraDX. Please note that these may change over time.
- Minimum HDX deposit for initiating a referendum: 10 000 HDX
- Referendum enactment period: 6 days
- Referendum voting period: 3 days
- Emergency referendum voting period: 3 hours
- Cooloff period after a referendum has been rejected: 7 days
- Maximum pending referendum proposals: 100