Rewarding Contributions to HydraDX
HydraDX welcomes various contributions which are in the interest of the Protocol. Such activities are incentivized with the help of rewards from the HydraDX Treasury.
The present document sets out the general framework for rewarding community contributions. This framework has been approved by the community of HydraDX in a general vote. The spending framework empowers payouts in the mentioned categories by the HydraDX Council, within the defined limits.
Please note in advance that the payout of all bounties and tips mentioned in this document is subject to the full discretion of the HydraDX Council. If you are in doubt whether your effort entitles you to a bounty, please reach out in advance.
You can ask questions in #bounties on the HydraDX Discord.
1. Bug Bounties
HydraDX runs a Bug Bounty program on Immunefi. Bugs and vulnerabilities are classified into three to four categories of severity which determine the maximum size of the bounty:
- Critical: $50,000 to $1,000,000;
- High: $5,000 to $50,000;
- Medium: $5,000;
- Low: $1,000.
Websites & Apps:
- Critical: $5,000 to $50,000;
- High: $5,000;
- Medium: $1,000.
- In order to be granted a bounty, bug reports must be made in accordance with the procedure for responsible disclosure and any other guideline posted on the HydraDX Immunefi page;
- Bounties for critical Blockchain vulnerabilities are capped at 10% of the potential economic damage;
- The actual size of the rewarded bounties is at the discretion of the Council;
- Bounties are paid by the treasury in HDX using the 7d MA USD price from an exchange (CEX or DEX once Oracles are available - if in doubt, please discuss with the HydraDX Council in #bounties).
2. Development Bounties
The HydraDX development team will be launching a dashboard with development bounties in an effort to decentralize technical work on the protocol. The dashboard will present the latest bounties together with a description, technical specification and size of the bounty.
The present framework authorizes the HydraDX Council to propose development bounties of up to $100,000 which will be paid by the Treasury in HDX using the 7d MA USD price from an exchange. Bounties exceeding this amount still need to undergo the governance process.
3. Community Management
Efforts spent on Community Management can be rewarded from the HydraDX treasury in HDX at a rate of $20 per hour (using the 7d MA USD price from an exchange).
New community managers are subject to prior approval by the team.
Here are some of the expectations attached to these roles:
- Moderate on both Telegram and Discord;
- Be an ambassador for the project;
- Show activity on socials;
- Participate in bi-weekly calls with other community managers;
- Coordinate translations
- Ideally already an active member of the Hydra community.
Work on translations can be rewarded from the HydraDX treasury in HDX at a rate of $20 per hour (using the 7d MA USD price from an exchange). Currently, HydraDX welcomes translations in the following languages (this list can be extended via a referendum):
New translators are subject to prior approval by the Community Managers and/or HydraDX Council.
5. Other Community Contributions
Are you looking to contribute with an effort which does not fall into one of the categories above? Please feel free to reach out, the HydraDX Council is prepared to consider your case. This spending framework authorizes the HydraDX Council to provide tips up to the value of $100,000 (using the 7d MA USD price from an exchange).
Here are some examples of contributions that could be rewarded:
- Creating good educational content such as guides, explanative blogs or videos [content creator should liaise with Community Managers & HydraDX Council ahead of and during production process to ensure information is of the highest quality];
- Provisioning Decentralized infrastructure;
- Advancing integrations which contribute to the Protocol or the community;
- Memes (!!), emojis, merch and stickers.